February 4, 2020
Please make a note of the following:
• The next P.A.C. meeting has been moved from Wednesday, March 4th to Monday, March 9th at 6pm in our library.
• As you may already be aware, our school is now setup for auto deposits by way of e-transfer for all school fees (example: hot lunch, field trips, agenda, band fees). You can email your payment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure you put your child’s full name and the reason for payment in the memo.
• The annual Pink Shirt Day is on February 26th this year. Our school will celebrate Pink Shirt Day on Thursday, February 27th as we will be on the Apex field trip on February 26th. Students are asked to wear pink to show their support for anti-bullying.
• Please review the attached letter regarding the Coronavirus outbreak.
• The attached letter regarding the Strategic Planning discussions was sent home on Friday, January 31. You only need to return a signed copy to the office if you do not want to have your child participate in the study.
• Attached is the most recent bus schedule.
Please make a note on your calendar for these upcoming deadlines:
• Apex Mountain forms and payment for the next field trip on Wednesday, February 26th are due to the office by Friday, February 14th. Please, no lates!!
• Pizza hot lunch form for up until Spring Break is due by noon on Thursday, February 13th. No lates will be accepted.
Here are some upcoming important dates and events for our school up until Spring Break:
Wednesday, February 5: Curling lessons for Mrs. Willis’ Grade 6/7 class.
Skills Canada practice at PSS from 9am to 11am for selected Grade 6/7 students.
Thursday, February 6: Skills Canada practice at PSS from 9am to 11am for selected Grade 6/7 students.
Friday, February 7: Term 2 Interim Reports go home.
Wednesday, February 12: Skills Canada practice at PSS from 9am to 11am for selected Grade 6/7 students.
Thursday, February 13: Skills Canada practice at PSS from 9am to 11am for selected Grade 6/7 students.
Friday, February 14: Mrs. Draude’s Grade 5 class and Ms. Campana’s Grade 4 class China Ridge Field Trip.
Apex Mountain permission slips and payment are due for the February trip.
Valentine’s Day Dance at lunch time.
Monday, February 17: Stat Holiday. School will not be in session.
Friday, February 21: Pro-D Day. School is not in session for students.
Tuesday, February 25: District Tournament in Merritt for our Grade 6/7 Basketball Team.
Wednesday, February 26: Apex Mountain Ski and Snowboard field trip. Homework Club is cancelled.
Thursday, February 27: Science Fair projects open house from 5pm to 7pm in our gym.Pink Shirt Day to show support for anti-bullying.Saturday, February 29: Kelowna Field Trip for some of our Band Students.
Friday, March 6: Term 2 Report Cards will go home.
Skills Canada and Try-A-Trade field trip in Kamloops for selected Grade 6/7students.
Monday, March 9: Band Spring Concert at Riverside Centre at 6:30 pm.
PAC meeting in our library at 6pm.
Tuesday, March 10: Early Dismissal Day for Parent/Teacher interviews. School will be in session from9:00 am to 2:00 pm. School buses will run one hour earlier that day. Homework club will be from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
Wednesday, March 11: Early Dismissal Day for Parent/Teacher interviews. School will be in session from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. School buses will run one hour earlier that day. Homework club will be from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
Kelowna Okanagan Symphony field trip for some of our band students.
First Nations drumming field trip for selected class(es) at Merritt Secondary.
Thursday, March 12: Handball Tournament in Merritt for the Grade 4/5 team.
Friday, March 13: Last day before Spring Break holidays.
Monday, March 30: School is back in session after Spring Break holidays.
You will be notified of other events in the school as they come up.
Thank you for your cooperation and support! If you have any questions or concerns, then please call the school at 250-295-6642.