All News Letters are now sent electronically to Parent/Guardian emails on file. If you are not receiving the newsletters please contact the school front office (250-295-6642) to have your e-mail updated.
January News Letter
VERMILION FORKS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
“…where learners cooperate in a safe, friendly, respectful environment.”
Box #970 – 99 Ridgewood Drive Princeton, B.C. V0X 1W0
Phone: 250-295-6642 Fax: 250-295-3767
January 6, 2020 Dear Parents,
Welcome back to school! We hope that everyone enjoyed the Holidays.
Please make a note of the following:
• Please make sure you are sending your child to school with appropriate winter attire. This includes a winter jacket, mitts or gloves, a touque, and winter boots. Your child should also have indoor shoes to change into while in school.
• Thank you to the Community Foundation of the South Okanagan for giving our After-school Homework and Recreation Club a grant of $6,300!!
• Thank you to all our students who donated canned food and new toys in December. Mr. Miller/Mrs. Draude’s Grade 5 class brought in the most items!
• Congratulations to Abby Rhyno in Grade 5 for making Term 1 Honour Roll!
• There have been recent reported cases of head lice at our school. We recommend that you do a lice check at your earliest opportunity, and should suggest that you do regular routine checks. You may read about symptoms and treatments of head lice at https://www.interiorhealth.ca/YourHealth/SchoolHealth/HeadLice/Pages/ default.aspx, or you may come
to the school to pick up a pamphlet.
• The forms for the Apex trips are going home with your child today. The forms and payment for the January 29th Apex Ski and Snowboard trip are due to the office by Friday, January 17th. The forms and payment for the February 26th trip are not due until Friday, February 14th. Please, no
late or incomplete forms! Parents and guests attending the trip are asked to complete their criminal record search if they have not already done so. The criminal record search is valid for 2 years. Please contact the office for more details.
Here are some upcoming important dates and events for our school up until Spring Break:
Tuesday, January 7: Instructed yoga during gym class.
Monday, January 13: Homework Club starts up again.
Tuesday, January 14: Instructed yoga during gym class.
Wednesday, January 15: Voluntary Apex Mountain Field Trip Parent Meeting in the Library at 12:15 pm.
P.A.C. meeting in the library at 6:00 pm.
Apex Mountain permission slips and payment are due for the January trip.
Tuesday, January 21: Instructed yoga during gym class.
Wednesday, January 29: Apex Mountain Ski and Snowboard Trip. Homework Club is cancelled.
Friday, February 7: Term 2 Interim Reports go home.
Thursday, February 13: Tournament in Merritt for our Basketball Team – tentative.
Friday, February 14: Youth Leadership Day for selected students at Merritt Secondary.
Apex Mountain permission slips and payment are due for the February trip.
Monday, February 17: Stat Holiday. School will not be in session.
Friday, February 21: Pro-D Day. School is not in session for students.
Wednesday, February 26: Apex Mountain Ski and Snowboard field trip. Homework Club is cancelled.
Wednesday, March 4: PAC meeting in our library at 6pm.
Friday, March 6: Term 2 Report Cards will go home.
Monday, March 9: Band Spring Concert at Riverside Centre at 6:30 pm.
Tuesday, March 10: Early Dismissal Day for Parent/Teacher interviews. School will be in session from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. School buses will run one hour earlier that day. Homework club will be from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
Wednesday, March 11: Early Dismissal Day for Parent/Teacher interviews. School will be in session from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. School buses will run one hour earlier that day. Homework club will be from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
Kelowna Okanagan Symphony field trip for some of our band students. First Nations drumming field trip for selected class(es) at Merritt Secondary.
Thursday, March 12: Handball Tournament in Merritt for the Grade 4/5 team.
Friday, March 13: Last day before Spring Break holidays.
Monday, March 30: School is back in session after Spring Break holidays.
You will be notified of other events in the school as they come up.
Thank you for your cooperation and support! If you have any questions or
concerns, then please call the school at 250-295-6642.